I'm having trouble running django with lighttpd (I'm not on a shared
host).  Here is what I've installed:

ubuntu 7.10
lighttpd
flup
cmemcache
python

When I go to my web address which maps to the django project
directory, all I see is a directory listing, not any django pages.

I started fcgi like this, as in the docs:
./manage.py runfcgi method=threaded host=127.0.0.1 port=3033

have this in my lighttpd.conf:
server.modules              = (
            "mod_access",
            "mod_alias",
            "mod_accesslog",
            "mod_compress",
            "mod_fastcgi",
 )

fastcgi.server = (
    "/mnt/project/mysite.fcgi" => (
        "main" => (
            "host" => "127.0.0.1",
            "port" => 3033,
            "check-local" => "disable",
        )
    ),
)

and the mysite.fcgi file:
#!/usr/local/bin/python
import sys,os

sys.path.insert(0,"/mnt/project")
os.chdir("/mnt/project")
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE']="settings"
from django.core.servers.fastcgi import runfastcgi
runfastcgi(method="threaded",daemonize="false")

I restarted lighttpd but it's still the same.  If I add a 'bin-path'
to the fcgi.server I get an error when I restart lighttpd.

1)  any suggestions on how to get this working?
2)  my DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is pointing to settings.py in my django
project, as I couldn't find any project_settings.py or anything - is
this correct?
3)  for the fastcgi.server() do i need to give it the path of
the .fcgi file?

thanks