On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Dougal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How would I then do this SQL manually? I know writing SQL is to be
> avoided but is there an easy way to execute SQL commands?

Writing SQL is *not* to be avoided. Using an ORM is basically a
trade-off, where some things are supported as ORM methods and some
still require SQL (every ORM does this, even the most powerful ones).

So if it looks like the Django ORM doesn't support the query you want
to execute, you can do it manually, as documented:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model-api/#executing-custom-sql