On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Huuuze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm new to Django, so please be gentle.  Basic question: when
> developing a web app, I've typically created an "includes" directory
> which stores commonly used functions or methods.  From a best practice
> standpoint, is it recommended that I create an "includes" directory
> (not application) within my project?  If so, I'm guessing I can
> reference it as "myproject.includes".

Generally, any time you find yourself giving a module or file a name such as:

* includes
* parts
* utils
* helpers
* misc

it means that your code is not as well-organized as it could be.
Additionally, such things tend to grow over time, until you wake up
one morning and discover that 'includes.py' is 5,000 lines long and
contains over half the code of your application, simply because it was
easy to put things in there instead of taking the time to maintain a
more careful organizational structure.

Without knowing exactly what type of code you're talking about,
though, it's nearly impossible to suggest alternative ways to keep
things organized.