On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM, pihentagy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Currently the admin interface doesn't handle row-level permissions. A
>> user can be granted to edit articles, but not restricted to only their
>> own. I *believe* this is a feature that will be added in newforms-admin.
>
> Can anyone confirm that? If so, where can I find the docs?

There isn't going to be any magical switch or option that you just
turn on and suddenly these restrictions go into place. Instead, you'll
have much more access to customize the lists of objects which are
shown to individual users, by overriding methods which return the
QuerySets used in the admin interface. There is no documentation at
the moment because the code is still evolving. And to cut off the next
few questions since I'm certain someone will ask them yet again: no, I
don't know when it will merge into trunk; no, there is not an
estimated date for it; no, there is not a timeline for it; yes, it
will be sometime before Django 1.0.