On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 12:53 +0100, Ian J Cottee wrote:
> Take this simple models file. If I try and do
>
> pi = PlayableItem(funfactor=33,code='PS2',description='Play station
> 2')
>
> I get
>
> "TypeError: 'code' is an invalid keyword argument for this function"
>
> If PlayableItem inherits directly from Item, this does not happen. Is
> there some rule I'm breaking here?

I don't have time to look at this at the moment (I'm up to my armpits in
somebody else's problem), but this looks like a bug. Would you mind to
open a ticket and include your example so it doesn't get lost? You can
probably leave out EditableItem, since an example that's as small as
possible if preferable.

All the fields of all the ancestors should be available on any given
model, regardless of any mixing of abstract and non-abstract
inheritance.

Regards,
Malcolm