On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 08:02 -0700, Rob Hudson wrote:
> FloatField?
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model-api/#floatfield

Rob, I am never letting you do my financial programming for me. Float
fields lose precision. Inexact. Approximate.

There is no Django field that is arbitrary precision, since database
fields that are fixed point require a precision when they're created (in
general). You'd have to create your own subfield class that did this for
you, I suspect, unless there's some trick I'm overlooking.
Alternatively, use an integer field and a precision field and then
convert them to a decimal when required (although, again, there's an
implicit maximum precision here, since there's limit on the size of the
integer field).

Regards,
Malcolm