It took me a minute to see it, but "str object not callable" is
referring to the fact that your URL pattern is providing a string as
its 2nd argument and "delete_object" (the string) cannot be imported
and called.

You can either:

1) Use the actual view you imported (i.e. remove the single quotes).

2) Specific the 2nd argument in the URL pattern as the full path to
the delete view: "django.views.generic.create_update.delete_object"

I saw a reference on Django devs mailing list that these will be
updated *very soon* to use newforms.

-Rob