Has anyone tried using akismet with the new comments contrib app? I've
set up a signal handler to run on 'comment_will_be_posted' and check
the comment with akismet, and the service is insisting my test
comments are spam no matter what. I'm using the voidspace python
akismet API, and largely copying out of the comment_utils app.

I've noticed that setting build_data=True in the comment_check call
doesn't seem to work: that's supposed to draw values out of
os.environ, but it looks like those values aren't available (it
complains if I don't explicitly pass them in). I'm adding them
manually out of request.META, but the test is still coming back
negative. You don't get much more than 'bad!' out of Akismet, so I'm a
little stumped.

Has anyone done this yet? Is there any reason why the appropriate
environment values would not be available during the
'comment_will_be_posted' signal stage, or there might be some other
settings floating around that are poisoning the whole thing? Sorry if
this is an unhelpful request for help, mostly I want to know if
anyone's been down this road yet.

Thanks,
Eric