Matt Conrad wrote:
> 2008/9/12 Jarek Zgoda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Use virtualenv (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv) with separate
>> environments for each django version.
>
> Thanks Jarek.  I will try the directory based approach first, but also
> keep this in mind.

OK, here's why you don't want to try the directory-based approach: all
the modules in django96 have imports from django in them, so they will
pick up the 1.0 modules. This will lead to what might be called "a ugly
mess", avoidable only by changing them to imports from django96.

Virtualenv will give you a much cleaner separation between the two
environments.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119