On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:40 PM, phred78 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been googling for hours and I can't figure this out. I'm working
> on my first real project and came across a problem that some of you
> might have already solved.
>
> I have a table called Products and one called Language. The client
> will insert several products per language. This is fine and it's
> working.
> I have another table called Media, which will have several files
> corresponding to a single product. I have this working via a
> ManyToManyField related to the Products table, so when someone posts a
> new media file it will be related to one or more products. This is
> working as well.
>
> My big problem is that sometimes a product will have the same title in
> all languages. So when listing related products on the Media admin
> area, I'll have a list of more than one product with the same title.
> This is, of course, confusing.
>
> My question is, how would I go about having a select box for my
> products that list the title AND the language. For example:
>
> My lovely product | English
> My lovely product | Norsk
> My lovely product | Français
>
> Hope this makes sense. Can someone help?

It's a little hard to be specific because you only very generally describe
your model relationships here.  But what is put in the select box for a
model is what is returned by that model's __unicode__ method. So if you want
to see language information in the select box for a Product, include
language information in what Product's __unicode__ method returns.
Presumably it is available via a ForeignKey to the Language table or
something.

Karen