On Sep 28, 10:47 am, Jeremy Sandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 26, 1:25 pm, David Zhou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > I've also heard good things about WSGI -- though I haven't heavily
> > tested its stability compared to, say,mod_python.
> > ---
> > David Zhou
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> FWIW, WSGI has thus far worked wonderfully for me, and using daemon
> mode has solved numerous issues of running Django in a shared hosting
> environment. Being able to simply "touch /path/to/project/django.wsgi"
> instead of restarting Apache is a nice bonus, as well. (:

You do realise that 'WSGI' is a specification only and not a piece of
software.

The Apache module which provides support for WSGI is called
'mod_wsgi', you shouldn't be referring to it as just WSGI and it is
starting to get quite annoying that people continue to just refer to
it as WSGI instead. In some respect, because the nginx guy also
confusingly refers to his part port of mod_wsgi for Apache to nginx as
mod_wsgi as well and didn't give it a different name, then you
probably want to be explicit and say Apache/mod_wsgi or nginx/mod_wsgi
so people know what you are talking about.

BTW, as WSGI is just a specification, you can also run WSGI
applications on other hosting mechanisms such as CGI, FASTCGI, SCGI,
AJP, Passenger, mod_python etc, etc.

Graham