On Oct 20, 2008, at 12:22 PM, M Godshall wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with a django or python tutorial that shows how
> to implement
> some kind of file upload progress bar?  Ideally I'd like to use
> jquery, but I'm open to anything at this point.  Any links or code
> examples would be greatly appreciated.

I couldn't find any tutorials, but it's come up on this list before:

http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/search?group=django-users&q=progress+bar

And there are a couple of good examples on djangosnippets.org:

http://djangosnippets.org/snippets/678
http://djangosnippets.org/snippets/679

Unfortunately they're not accessible at the moment.

Since it keeps coming up, I put together a demo app showing how the
pieces fit together. It also shows how you could use nginx and its
mod_uploadprogress instead, to avoid tying up your Django processes
with slow uploads.

http://www.fairviewcomputing.com/blog/2008/10/21/ajax-upload-progress-bars-jquery-django-nginx/