Hi guys.

Could you help me please with understanding of FileField behaviour.
I'm slightly confused.

For test purposes i use this simple model

<code>
class Test(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(max_length=255)
    template = models.FileField(upload_to='upload')
</code>

Then i'm trying to test this functionality in console on local windows
machine and here is the output:

<code>
>>> f = open('Z:/home/django/media/upload/test.xls', 'rb')
>>> f = File(f)
>>> t = Test.objects.create(name='test', template=f)
>>> t.template
<FieldFile: Z:/home/django/media/upload/test.xls>
>>> t.template.url
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "d:\webservers\usr\local\python\lib\site-packages\django\db
\models\fields\files.py", line 54, in _get_url
    return self.storage.url(self.name)
  File "d:\webservers\usr\local\python\lib\site-packages\django\core
\files\storage.py", line 213, in url
    return urlparse.urljoin(self.base_url, name).replace('\\', '/')
  File "d:\webservers\usr\local\python\lib\urlparse.py", line 254, in
urljoin
    urlparse(url, bscheme, allow_fragments)
  File "d:\webservers\usr\local\python\lib\urlparse.py", line 154, in
urlparse
    tuple = urlsplit(url, scheme, allow_fragments)
  File "d:\webservers\usr\local\python\lib\urlparse.py", line 194, in
urlsplit
    i = url.find(':')
AttributeError: 'File' object has no attribute 'find'
</code>

The main question is what should i pass in this field on object
creation? As you can see i've tried to pass django.core.files.File
object, but in this case it seems that upload_to parameter is totally
ignored and 'template' field writes uncorretly. May be someone can
share a simple snippet of how to handle this field type.

Thanks in advance :))