hmm.. I don't think you linked the right item?
Rory

This is what I use to process custom sql statements

def process_sql(query):
        from django.db import connection
        cursor = connection.cursor()
        cursor.execute(query)
        results = [dict(zip([item[0] for item in cursor.description],row))
for row in cursor.fetchall()]
        return results