Hi. I am creating a separate admin page than the built in one. This
new admin site is meant to scrape data from my university's course
catalog based on a given set of criteria.
I want to use a series of drop down lists to define this criteria. For
example, I want to first have to select the year. Then I hit submit
and the form is processed on the same page. Then the next drop down
list will become populated with a list of seasons associated with that
year. Submit. Then the next drop down list will become populated with
departments associated with that season and year. Submit. The next
list is filled with courses associated with with that year, season,
and department. I hope this gives you the right idea.
Do I have to create a form model to do this?
Is there any other way to retrieve POST data?

If I must make a model, what are your suggestions for the best way to
go about this?

Thank you very much and any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Alan