On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:22 PM, ayayalar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am just simply trying to display all existing objects in a form
>
> MODEL:
> class Product(models.Model):
>    name = models.CharField(max_length=30)
>
>    def __unicode__(self):
>        return self.name
>
> VIEW
> def product(request):
>    product = Product.objects.all()
>    form = ProductForm(instance=product)
>    return render_to_response('index.html', {'form' : form})
>

> Throws this error:
> =============
>
> Environment:
>
> Request Method: GET
> Request URL: http://localhost:8000/product/
> Django Version: 1.0.1 final
> Python Version: 2.5.2
> Installed Applications:
> ['django.contrib.auth',
>  'django.contrib.contenttypes',
>  'django.contrib.sessions',
>  'django.contrib.sites',
>  'demo.home']
> Installed Middleware:
> ('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
>  'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
>  'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware')
>

> Traceback:
> File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\django\core\handlers\base.py" in
> get_response
>  86.                 response = callback(request, *callback_args,
> **callback_kwargs)
> File "C:\Django\demo\..\demo\home\views.py" in product
>  10.     form = ProductForm(instance=product)
> File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\forms\models.py" in
> __init__
>  216.             object_data = model_to_dict(instance, opts.fields,
> opts.exclude)
> File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\forms\models.py" in
> model_to_dict
>  119.     opts = instance._meta
>
> Exception Type: AttributeError at /product/
> Exception Value: 'QuerySet' object has no attribute '_meta'
>

> Any suggestions?

You don't show us ProductForm but I can guess it is a ModelForm for
Product.  A ModelForm is designed to display and let you edit one individual
object from the DB, not multiple.  Thus the 'instance' parameter to a model
form is supposed to be one single instance of a model, not a QuerySet.  A
model formset might be closer to what you are looking for:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/forms/modelforms/#id1

Karen