I have a Django application, and I wrote an external script which
reads and writes to the Django database. I've started getting the
following exception consistently:

Exception _mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (2014, "Commands out of
sync; you can't run this command now") in <bound method Cursor.__del__
of <MySQLdb.cursors.Cursor object at 0x4546190>> ignored

Has anyone had similar problems?

Otherwise, I need some help debugging this. Where do I start? What
could be the cause of this?

Some technical details: mysql5 5.0.67, mysql-python 1.2.2, Python
2.5.2, Django 1.0, OSX 10.5.5

Thanks,
- Tal