While that makes sense, and I understand the concerns about keeping
documentation focused on highlighting the most common cases, a small
note with the "suspension" information you described near the section
on foreign keys doesn't seem out of place, and would greatly aid
people who might not be the "experienced programmers" you describe.

I've been programming professionally for 12 years, using Django for
past 9 months, and this wasn't clear to me.  Maybe that's worth
something, maybe it's not.  I'd suspect (and hope) that Django is used
by more than people who are expert Django programmers, and helping
people just learning it to avoid common snags (and become "experienced
programmers") would be useful.

As far as behavior, it's still not necessarily intuitive.  The same
"suspension" done on the string foreign keys could also be done for
forms that depend on them.  Stating that that's now how things work
doesn't have any effect on whether or not that's how they *should*
work.

In any case, if the consensus of the group is that this really isn't
worth doing anything about, I'll shut up and hope google can index
this to help the people who run into it in the future.

Thanks for listening,

-Steven