Hi, I'm converting to the excellent mod_wsgi and wondering if it's
possible to make a single httpd virtual host/wsgi file to manage
wildcard subdomains.

Basically I have an app where i'm creating a new instance for each
client and using subdomains. So client1.example.com and
client2.example.com both point to the same app, but their own
settings.py/django instance.

So far so fine.  I've been happily converting to mod_wsgi daemons,
creating virtual hosts and independent .wsgi files for each one. But
now just wondering whether there is some way i can make this process
dynamic so one virtual host/.wsgi file will take care of all these
subdomains.

I see the advice on the wsgi wiki to push domain sub-directories to
different django instances, but i'd rather keep using the subdomains
if possible.

It looks possible to be able to parse information about the incoming
request in the wsgi file and push it to different settings. But i'm
not sure what this will do in terms of spawning processes etc, it
looks a little dangerous, or maybe this will work. Any advice
appreciated thanks!