vernon wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> When I was first experimenting with Django on my local machine with
> the bundled webserver, one of the things I was really impressed by was
> the speed — everything was instantaneous. Listing things in the DB,
> modifying and saving changes etc...
>
> I finally decided to deploy the beginnings on my app on my remote
> server using the Apache/mod_python setup described in the docs.

The mod_python setup is a memory hog. It loads a copy of your code into
memory for each persistent apache process. I'm guessing you are using
all your available memory on your slice, and swapping. I had this same
problem. I posted about it to this group a couple weeks ago. Basically,
switch to mod_wsgi in daemon mode. It'll reduce your memory usage, and
increase the speed of the site. Search the archive for more details.

Jeff Anderson