On 08.01-13:00, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
[ ... ]
> > a 'blank' value is essentially undefined in database terms and may be
> > interpreted in various ways.
>
> Not, that's a NULL value. Blank has absolutely no technical meaning at
> the database level and certainly not any kind of ambiguous one. That's
> just confusing the issue.

you appear to re-affirming what i stated but saying it's wrong and
contradicting yourself at the same time.  i'm not sure if this is a
language problem but i'm now totally lost.

let's just agree to agree instead.  'blank' means nothing to a database
and is used as an input validation option in django.  we can also
agree that it should stay.

ps: i still think we should change the usage conventions but that
needs to be a seperate thread at this stage