A meta question about django:  how do people design dango apps?

I understand that the urlconf really is a map of the application, and
that works for me.  As for applications, I think that they are pieces
of functionality and i have few problems with that.

However:

when i try to mix and match apps i find ( which is the point of having
apps no? ) I tend to create projects that have a mishmash of css/
javascript libraries.  ie I like YUI-grids, whilst someone else likes
blueprint css, I like mookit, while others like jquery especially in
templates...   How are other people fighting this problem ?