Hi Rex, I came across this same problem and fixed it by editing the
registry like this:

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and find .py
Change its (Default) setting to Python.File

Mine was set to py_auto_file when I associated the extension through
Windows.

Anyway, that got django-admin.py running right.

-Cody