On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 03:41 -0800, Flo Ledermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just bumped into a problem I can't resolve: after adding the {%
> debug %} template tag to one of my templates (no other changes), I get
> the following error message:
>
> TemplateSyntaxError at /art/
>
> Caught an exception while rendering: 'ascii' codec can't encode
> character u'\u2019' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> I haven't used the debug tag before, and googleing the error message
> didn't bring up anything useful for me, so I am turning to the group
> for help. I paste the stack trace and a subset of my settings below.

Looking at the traceback, I'm going to guess that the debug tag isn't
handling non-ASCII characters correctly. It doesn't get used too much,
so it may have survived all this time with such a bug in it. A bit
embarassing (for me).

If you open a ticket in Trac and assign it to me (mtredinnick), I'll
look at it in a day or two. Not going to do it right now, since it's
just after midnight here and I'm about to go to sleep.

Regards,
Malcolm