On Thursday 22 Jan 2009 6:48:11 pm Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> I think you have not described whatever problem it is that you're trying
> to solve particularly well. "Index" has at least three different
> meanings for the documentation. I'm assuming you mean the content index
> (/dev/genindex/), but maybe you mean something else.

ok, the problem is simple: in the old days it was dead easy to find relevant
parts of the docs. Now it is not. I thought it was only me, but I have seen
enough comments on IRC to find that it is general. The main document page for
before restructuring was good. Now the only way to find anything is through
google search. So my request is very simple: if we cannot go back to the old
structure, at least put google search and the module/global index as the
*first* items on the left hand side of the page so we can go there. After a
gap, I am coding a new django site, and decided to do it from scratch with no
copy/paste and checking the docs. It is proving difficult. Please do not
think I am criticising the docs - I am not. But I *am* viewing the docs as an
end user and putting forward my feedback.

--
regards
KG