Grrr, I answered my own quesiton, if I remove all the CR's from the
template, then it's OK.

So changing the template to

{% if object_list %}{% for obj in object_list %}{{ obj.name }}{%
endfor %}{% endif %}

Works like I want.  But now, how can I not have the CR's in the
template effect my output?

Thanks