On Feb 11, 7:33 pm, Xian Chen <hoganx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is threading in mod_python allowed?
>
> I design my project like this:
>
> in the views.py, once the user click some buttons, the view function will
> start new thread to run some background processes.
>
> The site runs good by using Django owner server. But when I using
> mod_python, it seems the thread do not work any more.
>
> And the logging module cannot work in mod_python either. Django reports
> '[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'my.log'' error.

Which has nothing to do with threads.

Apache runs as a special user and not you and so directory/files need
to be accessable to that user.

Also, the current working directory could be anything. Thus you cannot
use relative pathnames, but must use absolute path names instead.

Your problem is going to be one of those.

Graham