On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Andy Dustman <farcep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a custom field type for Django which depends on being
> able to save data in a BINARY column. (Not a big BLOB, just a couple
> of bytes.) Unfortunately Django (trunk and probably 1.0) keeps trying
> to turn it into unicode which fails. I'm now using patch.3.txt on
> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2417 and that seems to be doing
> the job. What are the chances of something like this making it into
> Django-1.1?
> Looks like we might be past the feature freeze according to the 1.1
> roadmap.
> --
> Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does
> not mean to stand by the president. -- T. Roosevelt
>
> MANDATED GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING:
> Government mandates may be hazardous to your health.
>
> This message has been scanned for memes and
> dangerous content by MindScanner, and is
> believed to be unclean.

While we are technically past the feature freeze now, as a practical matter
there are several features for 1.1 that I believe we still want to get in,
so even though we aren't implementing the feature freeze all the core
developers attention is really on these features, so I don't think any of
them will have the time to look at that, as it's something that can live
outside of Django I would suggset using it like that(or with the patch
applied to your Django install) until hopefully a developer has the chance
to review it.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero