Hi everyone,

Still battling with Oracle, but found something interesting...

When connecting to Oracle with Django through a shell, everything
works as expected. However, when I use Aptana/PyDev to debug and I set
a breakpoint on my view action, I get an error:

InterfaceError: Unable to acquire Oracle environment handle

If I: echo $ORACLE_HOME
I get: /Users/bft228/Library/Oracle/instantclient_10_2

I've tried adding this variable to the os.environ in manage.py, but it
appears that it is never set, or doesn't live long enough to affect
this view action. I have this variable in my .bash_profile and .bashrc
files in OS X (10.5.6)

What am I doing wrong to make that variable not available to Python?

Here is that portion of my .bash_profile:

ORACLE_HOME="$HOME/Library/Oracle/instantclient_10_2"
export ORACLE_HOME

TIA,
Brandon