On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:02 AM, adrian <adrian...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a working app I'm trying to host.   I have this line in urls.py
> in my project directory:
>
>  url(r'^$', direct_to_template, {"template": "homepage.html"},
> name="home")
>
> and my base template uses the tag {% url home %}, and I am getting the
> error message:
>
> NoReverseMatch: Reverse for 'myproject.home' with arguments '()' and
> keyword arguments '{}' not found
>
> I'm guessing the problem is that "myproject" shouldn't be in there
> (it's the name of the folder in which my app and settings.py etc is
> stored).   Can anyone suggest how I should go about debugging this?
> I don't know where to start to fix it, since I don't understand the
> internals of reverse.
>
> I'm using modpython, django 1.0.2 and python 2.5.2.
>
> Thanks

Unfortunately reverse raises stupid error message, it tries prepending your
project name to the search if the original lookup fails, so the error
message doesn't usually look correct.  Usual suspects in terms of reverse
not working are *other* views not existing.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero