In the view.py I have  (def Bypub) that sends data to a template and
paginates it.  I have a second (def TextFile) that uses the same data
to send to a CSV file.  I would like to combine the two (def Bypub and
def TextFile) together into def Bypub, but I'm not sure how to write
the statements to combine two responses.

def Bypub(request):
    data retrieved to create a list .....
    list.append(publications)

    paginator = Paginator(list, 10)  #number of records per page
    try:
        page = int(request.GET.get('page', '1'))
    except ValueError:
        page = 1
    try:
        pub_list = paginator.page(page)
    except (EmptyPage, InvalidPage):
        pub_list = paginator.page(paginator.num_pages)
    return render_to_response('search/searchresults_pub.html', {
         'list' : list,
        'pub_list' : pub_list,
    },
    )

def TextFile(request):
        data retrieved to create a list .....
    list.append(publications)

    response = HttpResponse(mimetype='text/csv')
    response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment;
filename=publication.csv'
    writer = csv.writer(response)
    writer.writerow(['Title', 'Authors'])
    for publication in list: