2009/5/15 Joshua Russo <joshua.rupp...@gmail.com>:

> I'm starting the debugger like so:
>
> (from the dir containing manage.py) python -m pdb manage.py  runserver
>
> it starts just fine, showing it paused at the first line. I set my
> break points using "b filename: line#". This reports that the
> breakpoint is set, and it seems as though it's in the right file
> because I had modified the file at one point and the previous line
> number I was using was then a blank line when I went to set the break
> point.
>
> The files I'm trying to set the breakpoints in are only called on a
> page request. So I tell the debugger to just continue and start the
> server. When I request a page it doesn't stop at my breakpoints.
>
> I'm thinking that the debugger is loosing context when the server is
> started, or something to that effect. I've been using NetBeans but the
> system I'm using is fairly old and I believe its speed is exacerbating
> bugs in the Python plug-in.
>
> I've seen some posts that have mentioned using pdb and I really want
> to try it out. What am I doing wrong here?

Hav wyou test it with the noreload parameter?

On the other hand I prefer to use

import pdb; pdb.set_trace()

in my code to set the breakpoint.

You can also use winpdb, or even the Eclipse+pyDev debugger, but you
have to run manager with the noreload option.

--
Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com