2009/6/25 lc <liam.cork...@gmail.com>:

> Production Box spec: mandrake 10.1.1,  python2.3,
> libmysql15-5.0.1,   MySQL1.0,  Django 1.0.
>
> can't get sessions to work. My site (and sessions) works on my
> development box with a more or less current version of ubuntu, when I
> copy over the project to the production box it does not work. I have
> run "python manage.py syncdb" and the database is created correctly, I
> have made sure the settings.py is correct, but Djangos debug page
> states there is "No Cookie Data" when I navigate to the site.

Are your working with sessionss? That is, are your working with the
session object and saving there some information? On the afirmative
case check the object you're using, perhaps is a lazy object or a non
serializable one.

You can check also where are saving your sesion data. Are you sure
you're saving it in the database?

>From your configuration I just see python2.3 too old for my
preferences. You should also use Django 1.0.2 as its the last estable
version (if you don't want to work in the cutting edge of course).

Hope it helps!
--
Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com