2009/9/19 Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com>:

> On Monday 14 Sep 2009 1:56:32 am Bret Taylor wrote:
>> he module:
>>
>>     import django.core.handlers.wsgi
>>     import os
>>     import tornado.httpserver
>>     import tornado.ioloop
>>     import tornado.wsgi
>>
>>     def main():
>>         os.environ["DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE"] = 'myapp.settings'
>>         application = django.core.handlers.wsgi.WSGIHandler()
>>         container = tornado.wsgi.WSGIContainer(application)
>>         http_server = tornado.httpserver.HTTPServer(container)
>>         http_server.listen(8888)
>>         tornado.ioloop.IOLoop.instance().start()
>>
>>     if __name__ == "__main__":
>>         main()
>
> cool - this worked out of the box - but no css and js - can I serve media from
> tornado, and if so, a pointer as to how?
> --

Have you properly configured your  MEDIA_URL to point to your Tornado
server instead of localhost:8000. I haven't made any test about
Tornado performance on serving statig files, but on production our
actual configuration with CherryPy in WSGI mode involves a nginx
server acting as a reverse proxy and serving the media files.

I use the configuration without nginx pointing directly to the WSGI
server just to make sure that all the media points to right server.
That is, that I have write all my media files as
{{MEDIA_URL}}/img/xxxx.jpg and so on.

Hope it helps!

--
Antoni Aloy López