2009/10/16 Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>:

> On Oct 16, 4:59 am, Ramdas S <ram...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Are you certain that the web server is the performance bottleneck?  In
>> > my experience, it rarely is.
>>
>> That argument aside, can we get an answer?
>
> But what he states is very important and shouldn't just be ignored.

I agree with Grahan if you're looking for performance first you have
to look at your own code, tune your database, then your web server and
then perhaps you have to consider other server options.

In our case our reason to move from apache+wsgi configuration to a
ngnix + WSGI CherryPy/Tornado configuration not was performace but
resources. Even loosing some performance the relation between the
number of requests per second and the memory and CPU consumed in the
computer was good enougth to justify the change.

--
Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com