2009/11/15 gnoze5 <david.lop...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to django and I am having a little issue in understanding the
> expected role of a designer during the development a django website.
> Is the point of the django template system to allow a designer to not
> have to worry about any code, and only need to deliver let's say, a
> pure html+css template to a coder who in turn will input the whole
> blocks and logic into that template? or is the designer expected to
> learn the django template system?

Learning django template does not going to hurt you :)

In the team I lead the designer sometimes creates the design and
sometimes just converts it to html+css. But she's able to work
understand and work with inheritance and filters.

The whole team is much more productive when everyone uses subversion,
can run the project application in their own computers and understands
the underlying technology. The designer can fine tune the final aspect
of the site, understands about compression and subversion diff. I have
heard that this is quite uncommon but in my opinion it's the right
way.

I'm proud to have the designers as a true member of the development
team and for that she must understand the django template system as
well as subversion and to be able to code without Dreamweaver.

--
Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com