2010/1/5 fredlab <fbeau...@gmail.com>

> Hey,
>
> My question is probably very simple. Below, my simplified model :
>
> I have a table of stock items in stock (item_code, item_title,
> property1, property2, storeroom, quantity_available)
> I have a table listing transaction of items (transaction_id,
> item_code, transaction_type, transaction_quantity, transaction_date)
>
> I succeed to be able to view all data for each model using django
> admin but it does not satisfy me. I want to be able in the transaction
> admin view to list columns from the transaction table as well as
> columns from the storeroom table) :
>
> I want to show the following in the transaction admin view :
>
> transaction_id, item_code, item_title, transaction_type,
> transaction_quantity, property1, property2
>
> Any idea how to get such result ?
>
> Note that I investigated one way consisting of creating function to
> define properties and get values of property 1 and so on. The problem
> then is that I cannot order the list or filter based on the property1
> or property 2 for example.
>
> In advance, thanks for the help.

You can't use the admin as is to do that. You could write you own form, you
own display data etc. but in my oppinion is too much effor. Perhapts the
easy way is to write a separate page, link in the admin and try to make the
dessing to much as much as possible. You have to be prepared to write your
own filter, sort methods etc.

--
Antoni Aloy López
Blog: http://trespams.com