On 02/09/2011 09:39 PM, Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 6:34 AM, J4K <ju...@klunky.co.uk> wrote:
>>        The DKIM-Filter I run occasionally returns these key retrieval failure
> I just wanted to point out that this project was forked in Jul 2009
> (now called opendkim) and continuing development has been going on
> there.  It is also on sourceforge.
>
>> messages, and then rejects the email.  The milter time out for postfix
>> is 30 seconds which exceeds the dkim-filter default time out.
>> Additionally, The time stamps in the message below are the same.
> There are also some dns resolver issues in that older version IIRC.
> Are you using your system resolver or libar?  I can't remember that
> far back, is unbound also supported in dkim-filter?
>
>> I am trying to work out whether this is,
>>        a misconfiguration problem with the sender's DKIM entry in DNS,
>>        a time-out from my server to the DNS
>>        a misconfiguration on my server.
> Likely the sender's DNS, however your dkim software should, IMHO,
> handle it a little more gracefully and not cause undue duress on your
> MTA.
>
>> Some messages from the postfix log follows:-
>>
>> Feb  9 14:08:05 srv1 dkim-filter[6967]: 0F40884146: key retrieval failed
>> Feb  9 14:08:05 srv1 postfix/cleanup[19030]: 0F40884146: milter-reject:
>> END-OF-MESSAGE from smtp143.junkemailfilter.com[69.50.231.143]: 4.7.1
>> Service unavailable - try again later; from=<bou...@couchsurfing.org>
>> to=<niceu...@klunky.co.uk> proto=ESMTP helo=<junkemailfilter.com>
> Is there anything that says what key it was trying to retreive?  Can
> you get ahold of the message that was queued as 0F40884146 ?

I am not sure how to get the message as it was cleaned up:
Feb  9 14:07:57 logout postfix/cleanup[19030]: 0F40884146:
message-id=<20110206161728.76b0714c...@messaging.couchsurfing.com>

I just installed opendkim via aptitude on Debian Squeeze, started it,
and all inbound delivery stopped!
I had not even configured it as a milter in Postfix.
I removed it (aptitude remove opendkim), and deliver started.
This does not make any sense.