I am a newbie with dkim and opendkim. I am attempting to setup a test server
using dkim-filter. I have loaded a CentOS5.5 box with sendmail, postfix, and
mailx. sending emails works with just this base setup. I am now attempting
to put dkim-milter on the server. after going through the install setup I am
sending emails to brandon checketts and find that it comes back with

Validating Signature
result = fail
Details: message has been altered

on a test windows box I have setup outlook express and am attempting to
spoof my user/domain name on that to see if sending frmo that will generate
anythings different(it comes back stating that no domain key was found.) my
mail log posts the following:
Mar 29 14:49:52 DKIM dkim-filter[8146]: (unknown-jobid) external host
example.com attempted to send as dkimtest.com
Mar 29 14:49:52 DKIM dkim-filter[8146]: (unknown-jobid) not internal
Mar 29 14:49:52 DKIM dkim-filter[8146]: (unknown-jobid) not authenticated
Mar 29 14:49:52 DKIM dkim-filter[8146]: (unknown-jobid) mode select:
verifying

Note: I changed the names in the mail log to protect company identity.

any help would be greatly appreciated.