Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1) I'll branch the 1.3.1rc2 tag on the 1.3 branch and  to do a 1.3.1
> release.  I think it's important to release that as-is, pre the
> patches from Dan.

+1, ship it!

> 2) the recent commits on 1.3.1rc2 will go as a 1.3.2, to RC and get it
> out because Dan committed those for a reason, and I'm sure he needs a
> release of it.

I'm okay with that.  I started the test cases, but haven't made much
progress due to a chronic lack of time.

> 3) the current head will become 1.4rc1 and move that as our primary
> release target to get a v1.4 out there.
>
> 4) patches go into head, which will be 1.5-dev

Hmm, the overhead of having two live branches doesn't sit well with
me, but it really does seem like we need the additional train of
development.  Private branches are another good way to handle this.

To better facilitate this process, I've added new versions and
milestones to for Velocity to Bugzilla
<http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/>, our current issue tracking
system.
--