Thanks. I see. So the rule `server=/firebaseio.com/#` is sent to local server
127.0.0.1 which then blocks it because it has the rule
`address=/*.firebaseio.com/`

A rephrase of my question is:

How can I route `firebaseio.com` to resolve using default address (the standard
server defined by `server=8.8.8.8`) without having to write
`server=/firebaseio.com/8.8.8.8` (with keeping the second following rule
`address=/*.firebaseio.com/`).

Apologies for the multiple enquiries and thanks very much.

Elias.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.