Hi!

Depends on what you mean by full-fledged. The --auth-zone support should be enough for simple things. Of course running BIND9 provides you much more features with better performance under heavy load, but also with much higher resources used. Depends on what are your use cases. For simple static zone it should work well enough.

Of course it is somehow limited. It can serve typical records, define SOA values, even define secondary servers allowed to AXFR. On demand dynamic updates are *not* supported. It can work together with DHCP, but depends a lot what you are trying to accomplish. Since that were not shared, it depends.

I doubt you can use --auth-zone without recursive cache part, if that is what you were asking.

Cheers,
Petr