I'm hoping someone can clue me in on the issues involving delegation
inconsistency of TTLs.  Here is an example zone as seen from the
TLD:

  ;; ANSWER SECTION:
  king.com.               172800  IN      NS      ns.fjordnetwork.com.
  king.com.               172800  IN      NS      ns.midasplayer.com.

then each authoritative server shows the following:

  ;; ANSWER SECTION:
  king.com.               300     IN      NS      ns.fjordnetwork.com.
  king.com.               300     IN      NS      ns.midasplayer.com.

  ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
  ns.fjordnetwork.com.    3600    IN      A       62.80.210.14
  ns.midasplayer.com.     300     IN      A       217.212.244.66

First, the NS RRset has differing TTL values at the parent and child.
Strictly speaking I thought this was a configuration error.  Is it?
If so, what are the potential issues in such a TTL mismatch that may
cause problems with this zone?

Second, strictly speaking I thought the TTL mismatch for the TTLs in
A records as shown in the additional section is not a configuration
error.  Is that the case?  What if any issues might result from that
configuration?

John
.
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html