Black money from India deposited in the Banks of the Switzerland.
Dear Group Memebers,

I am a worker of Lok Sevak Sangh. On 26th April 2005 at about 11.30
AM a meeting of the "Corruption Control Committee" of the Lok Sevak
Sangh comprised its Members: Shri K P Sahu from Orisa, Shri Avadesh
Kumar (Noted Gandhian), Shri Milap Choraria (myself) Dr. S K Agarwal,
Shri J S Rana, Shri M L Varma, Col. K R Dharmadhikary, and Shri A C
Talwani as Special invitee was held at Lajapt Bhawan, under the
Chairmanship of renowned Freedom Fighter and the Working Chairman of
the Lok Sevak Sangh Shri S. D. Sharma, and taken several important
decisions including relates to Lok Pal Bill.

I have taken a decision much earlier to serve Notice to the
Government of Federal Republican of the Switzerland, as such on the
subject of the said meeting I will come later, with details.

However, this message is relates to my said decision, which neither I
have discussed nor placed before Lok Sevak Sangh or in the said
Meeting. However, this is my Humble submission kindly go through the
message, and take a decision according to your own will and after due
considerations and satisfaction you should decide whether you would
support or not to my decision.

India is suffering severally from enlarging corruption, at every
place of the governance. It is belief of the people of India that
major part of black money earned by the corrupt politicians and
bureaucrats as well unscrupulous businessman were deposited in the
Banks of the Switzerland and / or transferred to third countries
through Switzerland. I know, since in or about 1980 I raised one
important issue relating to illegal transfer of the money to
Switzerland which Economic Times published it. True Copy of the said
News is referred below and Photocopy of the same you can found at:
http://milapchoaria.tripod.com/swiss

Today, I have submitted a demand letter, referred below, to
Government of Switzerland to amend its protective laws against Black
Money deposited from India, being earned by illegal means.

If you decide to provide moral support, or decide to sit for "One day
Fast" or a "Fast with declared Period" or "Fast until demands met":
which may even invite death, you kindly send one message to
Switzerland Embassy [EMAIL PROTECTED] with copy to Media
conveying your decision to support my demands. Message should be
small but number of message-senders should be Large, as such you may
kindly also forward copy of this message to like minded people to
send similar messages. I hope efforts by you people will certain to
produce results.

With Regards,

(Milap Choraria)

For you kind reference I am suggesting a draft for message which
after editing you can use:

To,

His Excellency President of Federal Republic of Switzerland,

Through,

Swiss Ambassador to India,

Nyaya Marg,

Chanakyapuri,

New Delhi - 110 021          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

His Excellency Sir,

I am fully supporting the demand placed by Milap Choraria by his
Letter dated 29th April 2005 to Your Excellency. (or) I will also sit
one day / (….) days Fast / Fast until Demands met with Milap Choraria
at the time and place where he will sit for such Fast.

Therefore, this is my Humble demand kindly accept such legitimate
demands to accept in principle to amend the prevailing protective
laws against Black Money Deposited by corrupt Politicians,
bureaucrats and unscrupulous businessmen.

Yours truly,

(……….)

Copy to Prime Minister of India Hon'ble Dr. Man Mohan Singh

And Media

Copy of your such edited message should be forward to Newspapers /
Media /TVChennals also with copy to me at bcc in email format. Email
addresses of some Newspapers, Media and TVChennal are referred below
in group of 50 Email addresses considering that 50 Emails can be
clicked in one email message. Copy of such Email Message should be
forwarded to Prime Minister of India Dr. Man Mohan Singh too.

Message Forwarding Address of Prime Minister of India is as under:

 http://pmindia.nic.in/write.htm

After opening of the Message Box of the Prime Minister you place copy
of the aforesaid message send to Embassy of Switzerland after
editing. The requisite details in the Message Box of PM are necessary
to be filled up.

MILAP  CHORARIA

Convenor : Movement for Accountability to Public (MAP)  :

Columnist : For Several DAILY Newspapers in India

Author: A MODEL OF NEW CONSTITUTION FOR INDIA
B-5/52, Sector-7,
Rohini,

New Delhi-110 085 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Dated 29th
April 2005

To,

His Excellency President of Federal Republic of Switzerland,

Through,

Swiss Ambassador to India,

Nyaya Marg,

Chanakyapuri,

New Delhi - 110 021

His Excellency Sir,

Switzerland in its Website admitting India as one of the world's
largest country in South Asia common with Switzerland as a small
country situated in the heart of Europe. It further admitting that
strong relationship between Switzerland and India has been
continually strengthened by Indian and Swiss dignitaries who believed
in the potential of sharing ideas and concrete projects together and
first ever friendship treaty signed by Independent India was with
Switzerland, signed by India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
on 14th August 1948.

His Excellency will agree that any Law prevailing in any country
protecting criminals or money earned in other country through illegal
means is bound to damage friendships between two countries and bound
to effect prosperity and progress of victim country and resulting
thereby dooming the prosperity and progress individual too at cost of
the basic Objects, Purposes and Principles enshrined in Charter of
the United Nations Organisations (UNO).

His Excellency may agree that under the aforesaid Charter, Treaties,
Covenant etc., no Law should prevail in any country permitting
individuals to secure his/her black money earned or secured by
illegal means; in one country and transferred to another country to
secure it. However, in India mass population is believing that under
the Law prevailed in Switzerland, huge amount of the black money,
belongs to corrupt politicians, bureaucrats and most unscrupulous
businessmen from India, mostly earned through illegal means and
corrupt practices by misusing the Powers and abusing the authority,
approximately more than US$400 Billions, has been deposited in the
Banks of Switzerland, or routed in other countries from such Banks.
In or about 1980, I have raised and one important National
Newspaper "The Economic Times" published one issue relates to illegal
transfer of money to Switzerland by one Monopoly House, and
thereafter, the then Industry Minister Late Mr. T. A. Pai ordered for
enquiry, which was never held. Photocopy of the said News cutting is
enclosed/attached.

His Excellency will further agree that progress and prosperity of the
Switzerland in no way should be dependant upon illegal money
deposited by corrupt politicians, bureaucrats and unscrupulous
businessmen from India. His Excellency may also agree that doubts
should be removed from the mind of the mass population of India that
under such Laws, and Money deposited in the Swiss Banks by Indians,
progress and prosperity of the Switzerland is causing severe impacts
and cost upon the progress and prosperity of India and Indians in
violations of the rights referred to under such declarations,
treaties, Charter of UNO.

Therefore, in pursuit of the Purposes stated in Article 1 and in
accordance with the Objects and Principles enshrined in Article 2
both under Chapter I of "Charter of the United Nations signed on 26
June 1945, and came into force on 24 October 1945" and "International
Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, both of which
are legally binding treaties upon the UNO Members as International
Bill of Rights"  Switzerland should change its respective Laws.  This
matter should have been initiated by the Government of India, but for
the reasons not known, Government of India completely failed or
ignored, to take up the matter with the Switzerland Government.

Therefore, in view of such circumstances, I hereby humbly demand that
Government of Switzerland in principle should accept for appropriate
amendments in its Laws to ensure disclosures of following information
to the people of India relating to the "Money Transferred from India
and deposited in or withdrawn from the Swiss Banks with the Names of
Indians, Non-Resident Indians or others, date of opening of Accounts,
volume of Money etc. etc.". Such Information should be made available
starting from 14th August 1948: the date of friendship treaty signed
between India and Switzerland, and should be available by the
Switzerland Banks through Switzerland Ambassador in India or through
Internet with the following details:-

1:    Account Nos. in which money comes from India;

2:    Account Nos. in which money comes from India, but transferred
to any other country;

3:    Account Nos. in which money comes from India in violation of
the respective Indian Laws, respective Rules and Guidelines of the
Reserve Bank of India; and

4:    Account Nos. in which money comes from India in violation of
the respective Indian Laws, respective Rules and Guidelines of the
Reserve Bank of India, but subsequently transferred to any other
country.

spell out time frame within which it will make such information
available to public of India.

Therefore my this Humble submissions His Excellency should be noted
that in case within one month's time, if Federal Republican
Government of Switzerland does not accept our such demands in
principles, I shall have no other alternative but to fix a date and
after conveying the same to Ambassador of Switzerland in India I will
start on such fixed date "Fast till Demands Met" outside Switzerland
Embassy in New Delhi (India), with the persons who will also sit with
me for "Fast till Demands Met" and Organisations supporting our
demand.

With Respects,

Yours truly,

(MILAP CHORARIA)

Copy to 1.  Hon'ble Prime Minister of India Shri Man Mohan Singh;

2.    Hon'ble Minister for Foreign Affairs Shri Natwar Singh Ji;

3.    Shri Lal Krishna Advani, Leader of Opposition in Loksabha;

4,    Shri Jaswant Singh Ji, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.

Copy to 1.  Home Secretary, Government of India; and

2.    The Commissioner of Police, Delhi.

Copy to His Excellency Mr. Kofi A. Annan, Secretary-General of United
Nations Organisations, through its Department of Economic and Social
Affairs.

TRUE COPY OF NEWS PUBLIDHRF IN THE ECONOMIC TIMES:- (Photocopy of the
News item can be seen: http://milapchoraria.tripod.com/swiss)

"Shareholders' rights

FROM OUR INDUSTRIAL CORRESPONDENT

PUNE, March 7.

The recent exhortations of the `Union Minister of State for finance
and the Union Law Minister upon the shareholders of public limited
companies to keep a watch on practices of the management for the
implementation of the Prime Minister's 20 point program, seem to have
brought the rights of shareholders to get replies to their queries
into a subject of debate.

       The present economic crisis has apparently made a section of
shareholders shaky and inquisitive about the modus operandi of the
management of the companies especially of those whose prospects look
bleak. Since many shareholders are also engaged with the use of raw
materials produced by the companies whose share they may be holding,
the prevailing constraints in the economy have forced them to seek an
insight of the company management. But the management side is still
to get used to satisfying the enquiries of the shareholders despite
the fact that the number of such enquiries is ment. As a result the
rights of a general meeting of the company have been challenged by
one of the big houses controlling aluminium companies.

       The enquiring shareholder had to be told by the company's
solicitors (the second man of the solicitor firm is also a director
of the aluminium company) that the company `cannot enter into
correspondence with individual shareholders and if you have any
questions to ask regarding the affairs and management of our clients
you may do so at the company in your capacity as a member of the
company in much the same way as any other member".

       The company's reply was, however, provoked by the nature of
the enquiries the shareholder made. They related in the first
instance, to special facilities given to certain firms formed with
the near relatives and friends of the directors, special adviser and
top executive of the company disregarding cost factors in buying
materials and normal commission factors in selling goods with or
without the resolutions of the board of directors.

       Secondly the shareholder wanted to know whether purchases from
International General Electric co., USA by the company's subsidiary
Thermal power generating company had been made with uncalled for
commission paid to firm in Switzerland where both the controlling
house of the aluminium company and the US company had some business
interest.

       The third query referred to the commission paid to the same
Indo-American firm of Switzerland against purchases made from the
rupee payment countries and whether the commission, so paid were in
rupee or in foreign currency.

       The fourth query relates to transactions with a dozen firms
all over the country at terms which raised the doubt of special
facilities given at the cost of economic discipline of the aluminium
company.

       The last two questions were in respect of the sale of dross,
accounting for substantial reduction in the profitability of the
company seen in the context of the market price for dross obtaining
in the past five years and the mode of buying caustic soda from a
manufacturing company owned by the same big house controlling the
aluminium company.

                In the process the positive role of the shareholders
on which the government relies in respect of putting checks on
indiscipline from within the companies may be negative."

Email addresses of Media:-

[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
day.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[...]

express.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[...]

times.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], pranab-