*** Democracies Online Newswire -  http://e-democracy.org/do ***
***  See something? Send submissions to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***

P.S. I'll be in London July 11-15, after my Rome visit.  Full
details: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/do-uk/message/2  - SLC

From:                   "Vicki Nash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Live webcast e-Democracy debate 23/6/2003
Date sent:              Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:50:07 +0100

Dear Colleague

We would like to bring to your attention details of the first webcast
debate to be held in the Oxford Union Debating Chamber, taking place
on Monday 23rd June 5-7pm [SLC - that's 12Noon EDT]. The debate,
hosted by the OII with kind support from EDS and Oracle will address
the motion 'This House has confidence in voting via the Internet'.

Chaired by Stephen Coleman, Cisco Visiting Professor of e-Democracy,
the debate will see Jim Adler, CEO and Prseident of Votehere speaking
for the motion, and Jason Kitcat, Founder and Co-ordinator of the
Free e-Democracy Project opposing the motion. Richard Allen MP will
join Stephen Coleman on the panel.

For further details of the event, or to follow the webcast live on
the night please go to  <http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/>. We will be taking
questions for the speakers live via e-mail; these should be sent to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] . Questions can also be sent to that address in
advance.

If you would like to attend this debate in person please confirm your
interest by e-mailing:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best wishes

Dr Victoria Nash
Policy and Research Officer
0777 9297815

Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford
1, St Giles,
Oxford OX1 3JS

http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk

Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Past Messages, Discussion http://e-democracy.org/do ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To UNSUBSCRIBE instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***
*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***