Democracies Online Newswire

Date sent:              Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:08:15 -0500 (EST)
From:                   Russell McOrmond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     Universal Access <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Copies to:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Green Party uses high-tech to spread the word

   Press Releases Contributed on Wednesday November 22, @ 09:51PM
   from the green-geeks dept.

   MEDIA RELEASE COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Green Party uses high-tech to spread the word

   -- CYBERSPACE - November 22, 2000 -- The new Interactive News/Talkback
   component the Green Party of Canada (GPC) green.ca website makes use of
   a system called Rich Site Summaries (RSS) to allow for Internet
   syndication of their articles. "This feature has allowed the Vancouver
   and British Columbia Community Networks, as well as FLORA Community Web
   in Ottawa to automatically carry the latest headlines from our
   interactive site" says Russell McOrmond, manager for the interactive
   site.

   "Rich Site Summaries allow visitors to those Web Portals, as well as
   other international sites such as My.Netscape.com and My.Userland.com,
   to give a custom view of the Internet to people on the Web. Our
   articles would be included on their own customized page which may
   feature other news services, current weather in their home town, and
   other information of interest to that person."

   The interactive component of the green.ca website has many feature
   articles, press releases, and even includes the audio of songs written
   for the Green Party of Canada in this election. The site has also
   included information about the U.S. Election. "We are part of an
   international movement, and have included considerable information
   about our U.S. counterparts and the U.S. Presidential candidate Ralph
   Nader" says GPC International Secretary Raphaël Thierrin.

   Each article on the site also has a Talkback feature, allowing Green
   Party supporters and the general public to enter into discussion on the
   ideas presented in the article. GPC Communication Chair John Grogan
   adds, "While others have said that elections are not a time to discuss
   policy with the public, we believe it is a perfect time to get people
   excited about the Real Choice and Real Change that the Green Party of
   Canada represents"

                                    -30-

     John Grogan, Communications Chair.
     Phone: (250) 566 VIEW (8439)
     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Website: http://www.green.ca

---
 Russell McOrmond, Internet Consultant: <http://russell.flora.org/work/>
 http://www.green.ca   - New Website Launched for Election!
 http://www.campaign2000.green.ca/article.php3?sid=20001113102107
          Green Tax Plan:  "marginal rate of ZERO?"

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***