From: James Crabtree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [do-london] UK NetPolitics Happy Hour

UK NetPolitics Happy Hour
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 13
(Details Below)

Politics Online: Lessons from America and Prospects for the UK
For those interested or involved in online campaigning and advocacy, new
media political coverage, e-government and e-democracy in general

Steve Clift of http://www.publicus.net, one of America's leading experts on
e-democracy, will be in London on the Tuesday February 13th. We have
organised a NetPolitics Happy Hour, with drinks and discussion in a private
room in a pub in Westminster, on that evening.
Steve is keen to meet people in the UK who are interested in the effect the
internet will have on politics. It will be, as they say in
the USA, non-partisan. In particular, we wanted to look at: * Lessons from
Election 2000 * The impact the Net will have during the UK
General Election * Strategies for building on-line participation in the UK.
It will be informal but interesting, and I thought you might be interested
in coming along. Also, I'm keen to get a good turnout so please do pass
this on to others you think might be interested.  We hope to meet everyone
working on Internet news and campaign efforts related to our upcoming
election.

Steve is also considering a presentation on the first U.S. Presidential
online debate <http://www.webwhiteblue.org> that he was directly involved
with the same day around 3 p.m..  To receive an
announcement on that event, join his e-mail contact group for the
London-area:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For info on some other of Steve's projects check out:
http://www.e-democracy.org/do/
http://www.publicus.net/ebook/

Details:
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Lessons from U.S. campaign 2000 and the Internet around 6 p.m.
Upstairs Room
The Morpeth Arms (http://www.pubs.com/morpsw1.htm)
58 Millbank
Westminster
Nearest Tube: Pimlico or Westminster

RSVP if you feel like it <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, otherwise just turn up.
James
James Crabtree
21a Noel St
Soho
W1V 3PD
T - 020 7437 1122
F - 020 7437 8311
M - 07932 690 746
H - 020 7625 3147
E - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E2- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ - 99703688

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***