*** Democracies Online Newswire -  http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***
*** New!  Discuss Posts - http://e-democracy.org/do/discuss.html ***

See:
http://www.eu-forum.org

From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        The e-Forum Newsletter
Date sent:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:49:05 +0100

Encouraging e-government innovation in Europe.

The e-Forum Newsletter

First of all we would like to thank you for becoming a member of the
Association and for helping us in shaping the future of e-Government
in Europe.

As a member, your contribution is very valuable so we invite you to
actively participate and to make use of our website at your
convenience. Please visit <http://www.eu-forum.org/> www.eu-forum.org

In the first edition of the e-Forum Newsletter:

Ø       First General Assembly

Ø       Resource Centre

Ø       Registered Users

Ø       New Home Page

Ø       Interest Groups

Ø       Secure Government Area

FIRST GENERAL ASSEMBY

The First General Assembly will be held on June 24th at the Palace
Hotel in Copenhagen.

You can find the agenda for the General Assembly on the web site
under the Events section.

There are already 18 candidates for the election to the Association
Management Board. You can also check their profiles on the General
Discussion Forum, under the "Election for Association Management
Board" topic.

If you want to attend the General Assembly please contact Kim
Lauritzen on [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Note: For your convenience we have pre-booked some hotel rooms until
Friday 14th June, therefore your confirmation is required as soon as
possible.

RESOURCE CENTRE

The Resource Centre is where you can find case studies, examples of
already implemented and successful projects, strategic plans from all
over Europe, white papers, etc.

You can browse through 114 submissions with 128 articles/attachments.

Each case can be searched by Geographical focus, Administrative area,
Government layer and Key outcome, a keyword search engine facility is
also provided.

We encourage you to participate in e-Forum by sharing your expertise.
The Resource Centre is updated on a regular basis and will also
benefit from other projects as 'e-Government Observatory' and 'EC's
Smart Government Cluster'.

If you want to contribute a case study, please contact Lia Borthwick
on [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> .

REGISTERED USERS

We are pleased to inform you that we currently have 155 registered
users from 120 different organisations both public and private, and
the number is growing. These figures surpass the initial forecast,
and even the target for the next year.

NEW HOME PAGE

The New Home Page of our site www.eu-forum.org
<http://www.eu-forum.org/> is now live with headlines, images and
links to articles and news.

We are continuously working on the website to add more services and
to improve its content and look. You can check it by clicking the
link above or typing the address on your web browser

INTEREST GROUPS

The Interest Groups are up and waiting for your contribution. In this
area you can view news, meeting details, and minutes pertinent to the
individual Interest Groups. You can also find a Discussion Forum
titled "Protection of personal data and e-Government" in which you
can participate actively.

The Interest Groups are:

Ø      Regional Development

Ø      Telecommunications Infrastructure & Broadband access

Ø      Social Inclusion

Ø      E-Governance

SECURE GOVERNMENT AREA

The Secure Government Area is now live for the members from Public
Administration only to share ideas, best practices, to start
Discussion Forums, plan meetings, etc.

Visit the site, log on and join in.

Best Regards from the e-Forum Editorial Team.

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***