Michael Humpherys wrote:
> Thanks for the help. Are there any areas that need to be proofread
> especially? I want to get a feel for the guide before I start
> adding stuff. Also, is there any particular procedure for
> announcing that I'm making changes or that I'm
> proofreading/authoring particular areas?
>
> Thanks again, Mike

Mike;

There is a status page that we use to track that information. There is
a link to it from the bottom of
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide or the direct
link is
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Status. It is
a bit out of date and I will be working on it shortly. There are a
couple of sections in the Write Guide that are not currently there as
they have been substantially changed.

Basically if the status for the page does not show it has been
proofread just go ahead and do it and add your name to the status for
that page as proofreader. Small changes for spelling, grammar etc.
Just go ahead and do them. Major changes like such as re-writing
sections etc. should be discussed here on the list. Any questions as
to whether a change needs discussion just ask here. This list is the
main place for discussion of anything having to do with documentation.

For authoring new content just announce to the list that you are doing
it and when you have finished it. Also if the section doesn't exist on
the status page just add it using the same format as any other entry.

Regards
Keith

doc-unsubscr...@openoffice.apache.org