I just signed up today to the documentation mailing list, I've been signed
up to the dev mailing list for about a year now. Introducing myself, I made
a plugin for Open Office Writer in Java using the Netbeans plugin, and
since it was basically a trial and error experience considering that there
are no code examples in the documentation, and sometimes the documentation
is incomplete or has even an inconsistency here and there, I thought I
would volunteer to help maintain / contribute to the developer
documentation.

And so I would like to request an account for the Wiki, username can be
"johnrdorazio" and email "john.dora...@cappellaniauniroma3.org".

One example of what seems to me to be an inconsistency, but correct if I am
wrong: on the page
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Text/Formatting in
the table [ Properties of com.sun.star.style.CharacterProperties
<http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/style/CharacterProperties.html>
],
at the property [ CharEscapementHeight
<http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/style/CharacterProperties.html#CharEscapementHeight>
]
it says:

 "[optional] byte - This is the additional height used for subscript or
superscript characters in units of percent. For subscript characters the
value is negative and for superscript characters positive."

I believe this is incorrect, isn't it the CharEscapement property that
should have negative or positive value for superscript / subscript, whereas
CharEscapementHeight will always be positive?

Also, there is no documentation for "Escapement.Auto" which I have no idea
how to use, I see it if I register a macro and I see an "Auto" checkbox in
the OpenOffice Writer Character -> Position tab as regards superscript /
subscript placement. However this property is not documented and there are
no code examples anywhere.

Alas, there aren't any code examples anywhere in the wiki, just a very dry
presentation that doesn't even deal with the different scripting languages.
I think it would be very useful, and I could contribute somewhat to this,
to include code examples for every single method and property in the wiki,
with examples for every scripting language. There can be a scripting
example for each method / property page in a tabbed interface where each
scripting language and relative example could be in a different tab.

If others find this to a be a useful / helpful proposal, we could work on
this together...

--
John R. D'Orazio
Cappellano Coordinatore

Servizio di Cappellania - Università degli Studi Roma Tre
Piazzale San Paolo 1/d - 00120 Città del Vaticano